With the Olympics coming up I have been thinking about how freakin' AWESOME America is.
Tonight just goes to show how much we really "know" about our own country.
I was singing the Star Spangled Banner, you know, our national anthem. Totally normal. When I realized that I don't even know what half of the words in the song mean.
You might be thinking, "Are you kidding? You are a disgrace to America, Itow."
WELL, I would like to ask you one question....
Do YOU know what a rampart is??!!
yeah...didn't think so.
For those that would like to know:
ram·part
[ram-pahrt]
noun
1. Fortification
a. a broad elevation or mound of earth raised as a fortification around a place and usually capped with a stone or earth parapet.
a. a broad elevation or mound of earth raised as a fortification around a place and usually capped with a stone or earth parapet.
b. such an elevation together with the parapet.
2. anything serving as a bulwark or defense.
There you go, world. A rampart is a big pile of dirt. And we watched the flag gallantly stream over them.
Awesome.
My good friend Kelly once told me, "Hang up if you love the USA."
Truer words have never been spoken.
There you go, world. A rampart is a big pile of dirt. And we watched the flag gallantly stream over them.
Awesome.
My good friend Kelly once told me, "Hang up if you love the USA."
Truer words have never been spoken.
But seriously, if you really do love America...take this test and PROVE IT
No comments:
Post a Comment